The complete collection of Hotel Stories is now available on Amazon. The volume contains all of the Hotel Stories, set in luxury five-star hotels. All star the world’s most brilliant, unpredictable and occasionally homicidal hotel manager, Ms N; and Tatiana, her beautiful but naive accomplice.
Rather than have me tell you about them, let’s see what reviewers have said about the individual Hotel Stories:
– “You’ll never make a fuss at a hotel again”
– “Tatiana is Watson to Ms N’s Sherlock Holmes”
– “A slick read, lots going on here, finely paced and loved the subtle unsheathing of a hidden cutting edge in 5-star hotel-keeping.”
– “A cross between The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency and Fawlty Towers”
– “Delightful, dark, twisted, ingenious humour”
– “This is strong stuff. When the beam of Tatiana’s torch swings round in stifling darkness to reveal handcuffs and workmen’s tools,we know it’s time to right some truly awful wrongs”
– “Would love to know more about the list of extras ordered by the Swiss gay couple, but I guess this establishment is just too discreet for that”
– “Wickedly funny but twisted dark Roald Dahl-esque tale. A growing sense of foreboding climaxes in a satisfying if cruelly just resolution”
– “The distortions of understanding caused by Engineering Manager Susan’s obscure accent had me chuckling on the tube”
– “Anyone can commit a murder. But only Ms N can use a mobile phone wielded by a total stranger as a weapon”
– “The undertones of feminism and the surprising dénouement left me with a gleeful sense of satisfaction”
– “Surely [Tatiana’s] phrase: One day, I would like to be like her will surely enter the English lexicon. I’m guessing most readers will want to be like Ms N, too”
– [Pimm is] “a wicked and subtle observer of the foibles of the wealthy, the self-important, and the arrogant who inhabit the world of five-star hotels”
P.S. If you enjoy fresh, original writing, feel free to friend me on Facebook or sign up for e-mail updates (top right – see the “click here” blue button). Check out the range of writing on this site via the sitemap and guide.