Seven Hotel Stories is available on Amazon – as a paperback or an e-book. All the stories are set in luxury five-star hotels and star the world’s most brilliant, unpredictable and occasionally homicidal hotel manager, Ms N; and Tatiana, her beautiful but naive accomplice.
Rather than have me tell you about them, let’s see what reads have said about the Hotel Stories:
- “You’ll never make a fuss at a hotel again”
- “Tatiana is Watson to Ms N’s Sherlock Holmes”
- “These stories are a delight. Robert Pimm understands the female experience of keeping life on track whilst needing the keep the illusion of male superiority intact. But his heroine can be ruthless, too.”
- “Beautifully written and compulsively addictive.”
- “A slick read, lots going on here, finely paced and loved the subtle unsheathing of a hidden cutting edge in 5-star hotel-keeping.”
- “A cross between The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency and Fawlty Towers”
- “Delightful, dark, twisted, ingenious humour”
- “This is strong stuff. When the beam of Tatiana’s torch swings round in stifling darkness to reveal handcuffs and workmen’s tools,we know it’s time to right some truly awful wrongs”
- “Would love to know more about the list of extras ordered by the Swiss gay couple, but I guess this establishment is just too discreet for that”
- “Wickedly funny but twisted dark Roald Dahl-esque tale. A growing sense of foreboding climaxes in a satisfying if cruelly just resolution”
- “A thoroughly enjoyable collection of tales.”
- “After reading this collection I will always think twice when entering a hotel lobby.”
- “The distortions of understanding caused by Engineering Manager Susan’s obscure accent had me chuckling on the tube”
- “Anyone can commit a murder. But only Ms N can use a mobile phone wielded by a total stranger as a weapon”
- “The undertones of feminism and the surprising dénouement left me with a gleeful sense of satisfaction”
- “Surely [Tatiana’s] phrase: One day, I would like to be like her will surely enter the English lexicon. I’m guessing most readers will want to be like Ms N, too”
- [Pimm is] “a wicked and subtle observer of the foibles of the wealthy, the self-important, and the arrogant who inhabit the world of five-star hotels”
- “Witty, entertaining, with a ‘Tales of the Unexpected’ twist to them, only better. Highly recommend this.”
- “Charming, fun and fast-paced, Seven Hotel Stories brings Pimm’s wit and vigour to that most difficult of literary forms, the short story.” – Matthew Parris.
Sound good? Hotel Stories: Seven Hotel Stories is available on Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de and other reputable Amazon outlets now – or at Shakespeare & Co in Vienna. Two more individual stories, Seven Ukrainian Girls (“Hotel Stories” No.8) and Total Control (“Hotel Stories” No.9) are also available on Amazon.
P.S. If you enjoy fresh, original writing, feel free to friend me on Facebook or sign up for e-mail updates (top right – see the “click here” blue button). Check out the range of writing on this site via my five pleasure paths.